Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween?

I'm home sick today. And just as I suspected, my cat doesn't move from 8am-6pm. He hasn't removed himself from the bedroom to eat or potty. He just hibernates for nearly 12 hours a day and then cuddles next to me all night, purring and demanding attention. Who needs a stay-at-home husband, when I have a stay at home tiger. Or loaf. He's a stay-at-home loaf. A Tony Loaf.

Anyway, I just have a head cold. However, my co-workers made it clear I was not to come to work and spread my germs everywhere. Sigh. I've never stayed home because of a stuffed up nose, but it is nice and novel. Perhaps I will get better sooner, by resting more. We'll see.

My friend Imke wrote me. The 33rd annual Byron Conference is taking place in Venice, Italy this coming summer. ROCK AND ROLL i'm gonna go....Should be lots of fun. I'm sure Imke will be presenting, as she has just completed her PhD in Romantics. I'm totally thrilled, and I plan to go for at least 10 days. I want to be able to travel some, and attend the conference.

I am also planning to buy a digital camera, very, very soon. My friends Aubrey and Sean are giving me wonderful advice. Aubrey, is a generous person, and he has a lens he thinks he can give me, and another he would sell. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Canon 300D upon Aub's suggestion.

I'm restless. Being at home with the sun shining and it being Halloween. I was supposed to go to a party and to a concert. Alas, I shall remain home, blowing wads of snot out my nose into Puffs tissues. I have rented the BBC version of the Office and Emma (Jane Austin, of course). I didn't want to watch a horror film on my own. I get too scared and then have to sleep with the lights on. No kidding.

World Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home