Friday, November 03, 2006

The Early Morning Phone Call

Those early morning phone calls are never good. I mean, my sister will call me at 5am to ask me how I am doing, just cause she's up, but usually early morning phone calls mean bad news.

There have been complications with my dad's surgery. His leg is paralysed from the knee down. I asked him what his thoughts were, and he thinks it is due to swelling around the nerve. He believes he'll be able to walk on it again, but it will take months of rehabilitation.

I wish I could do something to cheer him up. Something tells me, he can't be cheered up. If he has a problem walking, it may compromise his last few months at work. I know how much he wants to finish out the year.

I'll be driving home tonight.

World Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home