Monday, November 13, 2006

Glum, Blue, Down in the dumps depressed

I think the gray overcast is getting to me. The chilly air is more punctuated and quick. I am officially glum, blue, down in the dumps depressed. Nothing seems worthwhile, nothing has meaning. Just plain Blah.

My dad's leg remains paralyzed, but he seems to be in a good mood, as things are still getting done.

This past weekend my friend Erica and went to the Mix 92.5's Retro concert. We jammed out to Boyz II Men and Sir-Mix-A-Lot. Baby Got Back, Baby. We snuck into the VIP lounge where the radio station was wooing the concert supporters. I mean, it was a free concert; you had to win the tickets (lik my friend Erica did). We had drinks and appetizers....we giggled....we got away with it. We started the evening at Ruths Chris Steakhouse and had several pear martinis. Damn they were good. I regret nothing....the hangover was worth it.

Saturday, she and I went to Edmonds to listen to Rick Steves talk about Italy. When someone in the audience said, "I'm from Virginia" he said, "Thank you Virginia! Oops, I just outed myself". I guess ole Rick is a democrat. Made me giggle. He is an awesome speaker, and I'm looking forward to my trip to Italy next summer.

Sunday, I went to a play that Erica had a minor part in; Alice in Wonderland. It was bone-crushingly bad. After her scene, I got up and left. Even for children's theater, it stunk to high heaven. I only have so many hours in a weekend, and I'm not going to spend them watching kids forget their lines.

I watched way too many episodes of Grey's Anatomy. God, that shows bad. Sigh. But I'll watch the rest of season two tonight. How depressing is that?

World Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home