Monday, February 26, 2007

Faith

Thursday I fell ill with the Flu. I was so sick, I couldn't keep down water. I canceled my business trip to Miami, and laid around all weekend. Friday night, as I was lying there suffering, my friend Jayne called and asked if I needed anything. She swung by my place with Gatorade, NyQuil and Ben and Jerry's. Sunday I became stir crazy and got out of the apartment. I went over to the U. District and went to the Sunlight Cafe and attempted food. I ordered Blueberry pancakes and a soy latte. I sat there and realized how many memories I had of the cafe. It was the first place I took Greg when we first met. I used to meet Susan and Jerry (now divorced) at the spur of the moment. I suddenly had the urge to move out of state. Either Maui or New York. Definitely wanting to run away to one extreme or another.

I feel alone and sad. My father's situation is not good and work politics are tough. I felt like crying. I had a few bites of pancake and gave up.

I went over to Whole Foods to get a few goodies for Jayne to say thank you. As I was cruising through the cracker isle, a well dressed woman doing her shopping grabbed me by the arm and said, "God loves you very much." She smiled so wide and her eyes were so soft around the corners. She must have been in her early 60s and seemed completely normal. She repeated, "He loves you, he really does." I thanked her and mumbled that God loves her too, and smiled and begged off. I was shook to the core. I ran to the tea isle and broke down.

It is always a time for faith, but now more than ever. I am so glad that stranger touched my life and reminded me that I am loved, as are we all when all hope feels gone.

World Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Makes me feel all the more guilty for the e-mails I have from you unresponded. It's kinda cool when God prods someone to just jump in and out of someone's like, semi-anonymously like that, just to basically use them to say "I care."

I hope by now you're feeling better!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home